Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Semester!

This semester I'm teaching KINE 190 (Introduction to Kinesiology) online for the 2nd time. This time it is a hybrid class with two Saturday on campus classes. I have a pretty solid framework for the class to start. The issues I'll be dealing with this semester are: incorporating the on ground classes into the course, developing an introductory videos for the class, moving to a new textbook, and making the course more accessible to all students.

It's a week before classes start and I've already sent out an email to the students enrolled in the class with textbook information, the dates of the on campus classes, and location of the blackboard tutorials. This is the 4th online course I've taught and I've found very few students, who add after the semester starts, stick with the class. This semester, I'm going to add students before the class starts, over the enrollment total, and then not add any after the class starts. I'll let you know if that works better.

It's a fun class. We try massage therapy, postural assessments, fitness assessments, teaching kids exercise classes etc. I look forward to sharing my triumphs, trials, and tribulations with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment